PROBLEM STATEMENT: To
repair a damaged culvert pipe end such that the culvert may perform to
its original flow capacity.
- The mechanism must be manufactured
and repaired by the highway district machine shop within 3 days time.
- The manufacture of this mechanism
must require less than one thousand dollars ($1,000).
- The mechanism should straighten
pipes between 12 inches and 36 inches in diameter.
- One person must be able to move
the mechanism and repair the culvert within a 15 minute time span.
- The repaired pipe end diameter
must be within 5% of its original length.
- The mechanism must meet all
safety guidelines given for this class of operation.
- The mechanism must be functional
in less than ideal conditions i.e., mud, rain, wind, etc.
- The mechanism must not require
external power supplies.
- The mechanism must weigh less than
- The minimum height of the mechanism
should be no more than six inches.